Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Many Hats of a Health Care Administrator
Transcript of The Many Hats of a Health Care Administrator
Health Care Administrator's skills
The Health Care Administrator have a variable roles and let their staff do their work, but always want to be kept in the loop of the job assignments.
1. Managerial skills –
• To perform management functions and assume multiple roles, managers must be skilled.
• Technical skill involves process or technique knowledge and proficiency.
• Managers use the practices, techniques and implements of a specific area. People skill involves the capability to work together effectively with the staff.
• Conceptual skill involves the formulation of ideas. Managers understand abstract relationships, develop ideas, and solve problems creatively.
2. Finance & budgeting –
• Planning - outlines the company's financial direction and expectations for the next three to five years.
• Budgeting - documents how the overall plan will be executed month to month, specifying expenditures.
• Forecasting - uses accumulated historical data to predict financial outcomes for future months or years.
3. Leadership skills
• Shared leadership is an ongoing and fluid process that requires continuous evaluation to be responsive to ever-changing healthcare challenges, and presumes a good working relationship between managers and staff. When organizational and group inter-relationships are developed and fostered to achieve defined goals