Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Crisis Management Training
Transcript of Crisis Management Training
Management What is a Crisis? A serious disruption in an individual's normal level of functioning
Hazardous event that causes a painful emotional state
Creates a state of disequilibrium Crises are Time-Limited by Nature Don't typically last forever
Impact of the crisis on the individual can last a very long time
A crisis is different than a chronic condition like depression or schizophrenia What is a person's baseline?
Why would it be important to know what their baseline is? 5 ingredients to a crisis 1. Hazardous or traumatic event
2. Unsteady or unbalanced state
3. Precipitating factor
4. Full blown crisis
5. Resolution of the crisis Types of Psychiatric Emergencies Suicidal Ideation
Decompensation What is a suicidal gesture? Suicidal Ideation Suicide call
Telling the counselor in person Passive vs. Active
Suicidal or Homicidal Thoughts Means
Plan a. A client is evicted from his home and has nowhere to live
b. A client is holding a gun to his head and threatening to shoot
c. A client says she feels like dying because she misses her kids so much
d. A client is being chased by her ex-husband who says he is going to kill her