Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Harmfulness of Masculinity
Transcript of The Harmfulness of Masculinity
The harmfulness of masculine stereotypes
Gender stereotypes are generalizations about the roles of each gender
Some Masculine Stereotypes Include:
All men enjoy working on cars
Men are not nurses, they are doctors
Men do "dirty jobs" such as construction and mechanics; they are not secretaries, teachers, or cosmetologists
Men do not do housework and they are not responsible for taking care of children
Men play video games
Men play sports
Men enjoy outdoor activities such as camping, fishing, and hiking
Men are in charge; they are always at the top
As husbands, men tell their wives what to do
Men are lazy and/or messy
Men are good at math
It is always men who work in science, engineering, and other technical fields
Men do not cook, sew, or do crafts
Write down the first thing you think of when you hear the word "Man"
What are your thoughts on the video?
How you seen/experienced masculine stereotypes?
How do they impact your community as an RA or student?
What can we do as RA's to counter these stereotypes?