Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of The Pipette
Some pipettes are fixed in volume, but others are adjustable.
Adjustable micro pipettes are more useful than fixed pipettes, as long as the adjustable ones are also accurate.
The pipette is also the most commonly used equpment in a laboratory and also has a history of about 60 years. The pipette solves the problem of moving water from one place to another with precision. It also resolves the problem of an accurate instrument for molecular biology but be comfortable in the hand History Of The Pipette. Dir. Xisla. Perf. Dr. Gilson. YouTube. YouTube, 09 Sept. 2007. Web. 12 Sept. 2012. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRVFZJ-VLCc>. An inspiration for a micro pipette is found inside a bicycle oilier, would have you ever thought that a pipette has something to do with bicycles!? It i also found in devices for example, that measure milk dispensers, and for measuring lung capacity. History Of The Pipette. Dir. Xisla. Perf. Dr. Gilson. YouTube. YouTube, 09 Sept. 2007. Web. 12 Sept. 2012. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRVFZJ-VLCc>. A pipette for me is also very fun to play with because when you take out the air and you put you finger on top it sticks to your finger, in the desperate situation of getting it's air back, it does not take in the air, but because you have your finger on top, it tries to take your finger. The way that the pipette changed over time is that at the beginning the pipettes were big and uncomfortable.
-Warren Gilson invented the accurate and comfortable pipette.
- The stainless steal tip ejector was invented in 1991
- The push rod let's you set the volume, invented in 1995
- Now you can get almost any color pipette you want
- Now a LCD screen is found on the latest pipettes.
- Some pipettes now can even handle multiple doses, like eight! History Of The Pipette. Dir. Xisla. YouTube. YouTube, 09 Sept. 2007. Web. 23 Sept. 2012. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRVFZJ-VLCc History Of The Pipette. Dir. Xisla. YouTube. YouTube, 09 Sept. 2007. Web. 23 Sept. 2012. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRVFZJ-VLCc I think that in a social view the pipette is very useful when a doctor wants to take a little amount or an exact amount of medicine. If not for the exact amount of medicine that the doctor might need, then at the moment when people get very sick and need exact amounts of medicine it would become really hard. A pipette is really helpful for doctors and for the sick people, which would mean that more people are happy in the society. The Pipette in a Social view Eye droppers (also called Pasteur pipette) are used to move liquids from one container to another, removing liquid from drying agents or activated charcoal, and many more uses can be found, like when I had eye problems the doctor put the medicine in my eye with eye droppers. "Pasteur Pipets." Pasteur Pipets. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Sept. 2012. <http://orgchem.colorado.edu/Technique/Equipment/Benchglass/Pipet.html>. Preparing microscope slides also needs the help of a pipette, to prepare a well slide, you need to put 1-4 drops of water with a pipette "Preparing Microscope Slides." Preparing Microscope Slides. Micro-Bus, 2007. Web. 02 Oct. 2012. <http://www.microscope-microscope.org/basic/preparing-microscope-slides.htm>. By Lord Daniel Hergan! (the awesome) That was my point of view, but now in another persons point of view, a pipette is a sign of biotechnology research from crime shows and is also a sign of molecular biology. Zinnen, Tom. "Wisconsingenuity Pipette Story." Wisconsingenuity Pipette Story. The Board of Regents, 24 Sept. 2008. Web. 03 Oct. 2012. <http://www.biotech.wisc.edu/outreach/pipettestory.html>. The Pipette in a Economical View My view I think that the pipette made it easier for doctors to heal people so less money is used, so by a country using a pipette it can make a little profit, as nowadays the pipette is used frequantly. Treue Arti's view Each brand pipette is different to each other, the advantage now the customers have is that there is large varieties of pipettes in different brands, price etc. The customer can buy pipette according to his use and even some of the companies are making customized pipettes according to the orders from the customers. Arti, Treue. "History of Pipette and Pipetting." Ezine Articles. N.p., 20 Sept. 2010. Web. 3 Oct. 2012. <http://ezinearticles.com/?History-of-Pipette-and-Pipetting&id=5061778>.