Transcript of Circulatory System
Circulatory System Is an organ system that passes nutrients (such as amino acids, electrolytes and lymph), gases, hormones, blood cells, etc. to and from cells in the body to help fight diseases and help stabilize body temperature and pH to maintain homeostasis.All these process make it by BLOOD What is ? Blood is a specialized bodily fluid that delivers necessary substances to the body's cells (in animals) – such as nutrients and oxygen – and transports waste products away from those same cells. What is Blood?? Heart Veins Arteries Relations with other Systems Diseases The circulatory system is, no doubt, one of the most crucial organ systems, which is responsible for carrying out certain vital activities. It comprises the blood, blood vessels and heart. Angina The major symptom of arrhythmia is irregular heart rhythm, in which the heart beats abnormally at a slower or faster rate. In most cases, arrhythmia is congenital and results from a heart defect. Based on the severity of arrhythmia, medication, surgical procedure and implanting pacemakers are followed in order to regulate heart rhythm. Arrhythmia Atherosclerosis Cardiomyopathy Congenital Heart Defect Coronary Artery Disease Hipertension To prevent diseases Heart Healthy Diet Heart Healthy Diet Guidelines -- you should eat: Full transcript
• 8-10% of the day's total calories from saturated fat.
• 30 percent or less of the day’s total calories from fat.
• Less than 300 milligrams of dietary cholesterol a day.
• Limit sodium intake to 2400 milligrams a day.
• Just enough calories to achieve or maintain a healthy weight and reduce your blood cholesterol level. (Ask your doctor or registered dietitian what is a reasonable calorie level for you.)