Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Prototyping is the Future: The Decline of the Static Mockup, The Rise of In-Browser Wireframes
Transcript of Prototyping is the Future: The Decline of the Static Mockup, The Rise of In-Browser Wireframes
The Delcine of the Static Mockup, The Rise of
Why do we care?
Because it changes everything
for the better
Why do we care
Time, Money, Scope, Communication, Scalability...
Things get interesting!
Visual > Verbal
Earlier testing = more testing
Double win when coupled with graphic design
Partials, partials, partials
Less need to document everything
Again, double win when coupled with graphic design
Lead Architect and Interface Designer
Dust your shoulders off, but don't get too overzealous!
Demo of Hadron
"What do I pay you for? I can do that!"
Drabacks and Issues
Confusion on what the prototype is
Demonstrate how to edit the prototype vs editing in Drupal
Does not differ from static wireframe feedback. Same thing assessed.
Start on paper or whiteboard
1. (Optional) Development of functional requirements list
2. Prioritization of functional requirements
3. User stories
5. Informal wireframe exercises with client participation
6. Prototype development and iterations based on client feedback
7. Development road map initiated by designer, with input from, revisions by and eventually ownership assumed by the principal developers on the project.
Some written record of the stakeholder saying: "Yes, I agree we are going in the right direction and I understand the vision proposed thus far."
What about Drupal?
Drupal is a perfect candidate for prototyping exercises
Responsive themes: Zen, Omega, AdaptiveTheme
Making your own base theme to match markup
Lowering barrier to entry
Client feedback in visual format
Prototyping in Drupal?
Questions? Share Your Stories!
* Slide 9 by SharpX on DeviantArt http://sharpx.deviantart.com/art/Mobile-Web-Design-345440762
* Slide 11 by eclipsekiller on DeviantArt http://eclipsekiller.deviantart.com/art/Wireframe-Site-para-camara-87248269
Dream big, beautiful, possible dreams
Scope wrangling made easier