Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
THE CLASSROOM AS A GLOBAL COMMUNITY
Transcript of THE CLASSROOM AS A GLOBAL COMMUNITY
MICAELA ANDREA C. PEREZ
ability to think
ACT LOCALLY! :)
of Implementing goals
1. Help students learn firsthand about cultures of other countries
2. Share what they are learning locally and globally with others
3. Collaborate on common projects across national boundaries.
4. Study and live in other countries with students from other countries
5. Welcome global career opportunities
6. Develop capacities for success in a global village
National Council for the Social Studies
Internationalizing instructional methods and materials emphasize intercultural interaction and culturally appropriate methods of instruction and assessment. Partnership programs with other schools and countries can also be developed.
Characteristics of a
Concepts that develop a
global perspective woven
1. Help students develop cognitive skills and attitudes such as empathy, interconnectedness, perspective taking, cross-cultural understanding, action orientation and prejudice reduction.
Long Term goals of school
1. To appreciate people from other cultures
2. To develop sensitivity to the needs of people
3. To increase knowledge about people around the world
Requirements of Teaching a
Globally Oriented Curriculum
Global perspective is integrated throughout the school curriculum not just in social studies.
Encourage international travel as an important part of one’s education.
International focus courses are developed in areas such as anthropology, regional history, geography, global or world studies, foreign language study, world religions, ethnic group studies, international business, music and art.
WHAT SHOULD STUDENTS STUDY IN A GLOBAL EDUCATION CURRICULUM ?
defines a global perspective :
development of the knowledge,
skills and attitudes to live effectively in a world possessing limited natural resources and characterized by ethnic diversity, cultural pluralism and increasing interdependence.
- means enthusiastically initiating students to learn about people and ideas from all over the world, leading students to learn to reflect about things and ideas as an entire and total system and familiarizing learners with global matters that undoubtedly will have bearing on their everyday lives.