Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Product Proposal
Up to £4,800 Advance (50%) on delivery
Yellow Jersey to obtain all rights
Hope to get Powell on board as the aims of our company and the book are in line with hers. Author Deal Books
Clark, G.Inside Book Publishing (Oxen: Routledge, 2008)
Blake, C. From Pitch to Publication (London: Macmillan, 1999)
Woll, T. Publishing For Profit (Chicago: Chicago Press Review, 2002)
http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/65/51/0,,10794~151909,00.pdf Sources Sam Perkins Product Proposal Yellow Jersey Press Why Yellow
Jersey? The Market Women With an
Interest in Football Customer Appeal Competitive Products - Aged 16-45.
- 151,000 women play football in UK
- 1 in 5 are of a black or ethnic minority
- 150,000 attended GB’s 4 matches over the summer
- peak TV viewing figures reached 3.9 million Karen Brady 11,600 (Mar12)
Claire Balding 106,900 (Sep12)
Victoria Pendleton 20,900 (Sep12)
Jessica Ennis 24,800 (Nov12) Average volume of men’s football autobiographies: 44,900 A chance to stamp our mark on the market
A more literary and pro-active book, in line with many on our lists already Recent Sales of Sportswomen's Autobiographies Recent Sales of Footballer's Autobiographies Content & Approach - Beginnings
- Early Football Career
- Transition to International Level
- Why she became a Coach
- Early Coaching Career
- More recent experiences
- Future Hopes
- The book will draw on Powell's achievements as well as explore and promote the awareness of the discriminations notoriously present in football.
- Inc women’s football stats about popularity and style of play to add interest and promote the game - Hardback (embossed) + Ebook
- 234 x 153mm (royal octavo)
- B&W with Colour Inserts with 8 Photos
- Delivery Date May 2015 (coincide with women’s world cup)
- RRP - £20 Sales Channels Market Channels Estimated Sales Figures Rights Potential Financial
Summary Chain Bookshops
Internet Market Specific Magazines eg.Sportsister
60% discount - high to account for Supermarket and export sales
Ebook - extra income Estimated number of UK sales: 8,800 (Calculated according the ratios of women to men that have an interest in football & average sales of football autobiographies) - Contacts in the FA, charities and sports media
- Creates potential for cheap marketing Estimated Exports: 1,200 Translation Rights - Japan
Exports to sister companies - US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand Retain: Sell: Hope Powell - Caps - 69
- Goals - 55 England Player (1983-98) England Manager
(1998-present day) Equality Campaigns - Youngest
- First Female
- First Black
- First Gay Kelly Smith Number sold:1,900
Not as well known
Less experience and fewer achievements
Poor publicity -This product will be the first insight into a female international manager
-Appeal to the high % of black and ethnic minority players and viewers that have not yet been catered for. Platform Revenue: £80,000
Royalties - £9,600
Plant Costs - £8,234
Print Costs - £15,606 Gross Profit = £46,561 - Net Profit Gross Profit: £46,561
Overheads: £32,000 - = £14,561 To produce a book that will reach the large, growing and relatively un-catered for market of women’s football.
Confront many of the controversial equality issues that are engrained in football culture