Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Geometric Sequences and Series
Transcript of Copy of Geometric Sequences and Series
A sequence is an ordered list of numbers. Furthermore, the sum of these terms in the sequences are called series. To find the terms in the sequence, you must find the common ratio(r) which is the fixed amount multiplied in order to get from one term to the next.
In order to find any term in the geometric sequence you must use the following formula: In here,
a1= is the first term of the sequence.
r= is the common ratio and
n= is the number of the term to find. Next: to find the sum of a specific number of terms, you must use the following formula :) In this equation,
Sn is the sum of the n terms
a1 is the first term and
r is the common ratio
n is the number of terms Example:
Find the common ratio.
3, -6, 12, -24, ... Example:
Find the 7th term of the sequence.
2, 6, 18, 54, ..... Find the sum of the first 8 terms of the
-5, 15, -45, 135, ..... The END.
Ask ?'s :) r = -2 the 7th term is 1458 You should have gotten 8200