Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ON SITE HANDLING, STORAGE AND PROCESSING
Transcript of ON SITE HANDLING, STORAGE AND PROCESSING
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
SOLID WASTE - Municipal solid waste, commonly known as trash or garbage, refuse or rubbish is a waste type consisting of everyday items that are discarded by the public.
DOMESTIC WASTE- means any nonputrescible waste, consisting of combustible materials, such as paper, cardboard, yard clippings, wood, or similar materials.
INDUSTRIAL WASTE-Industrial waste is the waste produced by industrial activity, such as that of factories, mills and mines
1-Type of container used depends on :
. characteristics of solid waste to be collected
. the collection frequency
. the space available for the placement of container
- In newer residential areas,containers for solid waste placed by the side or rare of the house.
- older residential area container located in alleys
- high rise apartment : storage located in basement.
phase 1 : home level
- require temporary storage of refuse on the premises.
-industrial householder/ businessman has responsibility for on-site storage of solid waste
phase 2 : individual homes, industries and other commercial centers. proper on-site storage of solid waste is the beginning of disposal.
3-Public health & aesthetics
industry shall be responsible for safe & sanitary storage of all contained solid waste.
4- collection methods to be used.
TYPES OF TRANSFER STATIONS USED FOR MUNICIPAL SOLID WASTE
-to recover usable materials from solid wastes
-to reduce volume
-to alter the physical form
-required to move loaded containers to collection point
-activities associate with handling of solid waste until they are placed in container for storage before collection.
Importance of on-site handling of solid waste:
- reduce volume of waste generated
- alter physical form
- recover usable materials
On- site handling methods: