Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Insanity Defense
Everyone safe People who commit crime because don't know what he/she doing:
Know what they are doing:
treated same as not mental person Criminal Goes to Court Doctors test criminal Criminal Proven Guilty Insane... Criminal Pleads Insanity Crime is committed Sane... Taken to Mental Hospital Treated like person who isn't mental Why Insanity Defense Plea? The person who commits crime because he/she was mental
not jail time
Mental people don't know what they doing/ don't know right from wrong
Insanity defense not used often
Only used by people actually mentally ill Lamb to the Slaughter Mary Maloney could've used insanity defense plea Mary was temporarily insane Didn't know what she was doing
Acted before thinking Reason she was insane: mad husband leaving while pregnant instinct Insanity Defense protects all of us!
You, me, and the defendants!