Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Science Chapter 14 Lesson 1
Transcript of Science Chapter 14 Lesson 1
1. Strong, flexible tissue that covers the ends of bones is called
2. Bones connect to other bones at _____.
3. A person with ____ irritated joints.
4. Which is NOT a part of the Periosteum?
5. Distinguish between cartilage and ligaments.
Review Questions Con...
6. Give an example of how the skeletal system interacts with the nervous system.
7. Determine the type of joint shown in the figure below.
8. Organize copy the graphic organizer below and, in the ovals. list the four major functions of the skeletal system.
9. Summarize how bones help the body maintain homeostasis.
10. Evaluate why it is better for an adult's skull to have immovable joints and not movable joints.
Answer 1. Strong, flexible tissue that covers the ends of bones is called cartilage.
Answer 2. Bones connect to other bones at the ligaments.
Answer 3. A person with osteoporosis has irritated joints.
Answer 4. Nerves are not part of the periosteum.
Answer 5. A cartilage is a strong, flexible tissue that covers the ends of bones. A ligament is a bones connected to other bones by tissues.
Answer 6. The nervous and skeletal system are a team they both help your body move the nervous system helps the skeletal system move and the skeletal system helps the nervous system move and energize.
Answer 7. The name of the joint in the figure below is called pantella is what connects your knee to your leg.
Answer 8. The functions of the skeletal system are ligaments, joint, cartilage, and periosteum.
Answer 9. The bones help the body maintain hemeostasis because it gives it energy to survive.
Answer 10. It is better for an adult to have immovable than movable joints for their joints wont' get damaged.
Science Chapter 14 Lesson 1
Skeletal System: contains bones as well as other structures that connect and protect the bones and that support other functions in the body.
Cartilage: is a strong, flexible tissue that covers the end of bones.
Periosteum: is a membrane that surrounds bone.
Joint: is where two or more bones meet.
Ligaments: bones are connected to other bones by tissues called ligaments.
Arthritis: is a disease in which joints become irritated or inflamed, such as when cartilage in joints is damaged or wears away.
Osteoporosis: which cause bones to weaken and become brittle.