Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Powerpoint VS. Prezi
Transcript of Powerpoint VS. Prezi
Show and Tell
What did it look like?
"It's as easy as 1,2,3 and 4!"
Simple, Quick, Easy
If a picture is worth a thousand words....
why settle for the words?
Prezi shows you BIG picture at once (relational
Powerpoint gives it to you detail by detail (linear)
They learn better by discovery than being told
They can shift their attention easily from one thing to another
They like interactivity and a rapid pace.
They are more comfortable with visuals than with text
Source: Oblinger, D. G., & Oblinger, J. L. (2005). Educating the Net Generation.
This was made by a student.
Let's challenge students to
make things like this!
Tang and Zhang (2010) found that younger students prefer videos. Findings also indicated that instructors should use a mix of technologies in the classroom and apply them creatively to promote learning.
"Made to Stick." Heath and Heath, 2007.
Pros of Power Point and Prezi
1. Keep it simple.
2. Show us EVERYTHING important.
3. Use only words WHEN NECESSARY.
4. Let the aid HELP us to see more clearly.
5. Know where you are going.
Why should we use Visual Aids?
If you give a mouse a cookie,
He’s going to ask for a glass of milk.
When you give him the milk, he’ll probably ask you for a straw.
When he’s finished, he’ll ask for a napkin.