Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Int Sci 1.1 - Unit 5 - Tectonic Plates and Boundaries
Transcript of Int Sci 1.1 - Unit 5 - Tectonic Plates and Boundaries
Tectonic Plates and Boundaries
Int Sci 1.1 - Unit 5
Plates moving away from each other
Most occur along mid-ocean ridges
New crust added during sea-floor spreading
On land, RIFT VALLEYS form
Plates are colliding with one another
oceanic is more dense, sinks under continental
collision squeezes the crust into high mountain ranges
Theory that Earth's plates are in SLOW, CONSTANT MOTION
Driven by convection in mantle
Tectonic Plates of the World
Break in Earth's crust where rocks have slipped past each other
Form along PLATE BOUNDARIES
2 plates slip past one another in opposite directions
Crust is neither created nor destroyed
Earthquakes occur here often