Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of ford
The History of Henry's Ford Company
- He would later incorporate the firm on June 16, 1903.
- This model proved to be of quintessential Ford vehicle, placing the company among the most influential automotive brands in history.
- Ford Motor Company would go on and label their models chronologically in alfabetical order, starting with the Model A to the Model K and Model S, which was Ford's last right-hand steering vehicle. Then, in 1908 Ford introduced the Model T, which was designed by Childe Harold Wills and two Hungarian immigrants, Joseph A. Galamb and Eugene Farkas.
Focus on the Ford Brand
- Henry Ford started the company in 1902 with $28,000 in cash from twelve investors, among which were John and Horace Dodge, who would later found the Dodge Brothers Motor Vehicle Company.
- He was 40 years when he first established the company's first factory on Bagley Street, Detroit.
A NEW COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
What mean ford sync?
Integrated in vehicle communication and entertainment system. Sync allows driver to stay in touch with world for all the time when he is sitting next to the steering wheel. All of that witch simple voice commands. Driver connect witch car by his smartphone .
Possibility of FORD Sync
reading incoming text messages at loud
browse and play all from media library with voice commands
steering climate control, navigation, inform about car’s health
access to news, weather information or sport scores
call for help when we’re in accident in which the airbags deploys
Mercury Premium Class -
Strategy by Mulally:
97 models cars - all over the World
reduce model cars to 20 by 2013
be the best in quality, fuel efficiency, safety and value
focus to smaller, compact car
1.0 L EcoBoost I-3
Success Ford cars
In 2011 consumer reports recommended more Ford than Toyota vehicles
In 2012 Ford Fusion was better than Toyota Camry in reliability survey
Ford – in 2011 was car of year
"Nobody buys a house of Brands"
Compete in every Market Segment
Myllaly was convinced that
Ford could compete in
all major industry segments :
The story of how Mullaly
started revamping Ford’s product line
Trouble Ford in 2006
Shifting to a small
Best selling cars in 2012
Ford Focus 1,036,683
Toyota Corolla 873,669
Ford F-Series 785,028
Wuling Zhiguang 769,902
Toyota Camry 730,883
Ford Fiesta 723,473
VW Golf 699,443
Chevrolet Cruze 661,100
Honda Civic 651,983
Honda CR-V 625,722
SYNC has many faces
1.6 L EcoBoost I-4
2.0 L EcoBoostI-4
Land Rover Freelander
3.5 L EcoBoost V6
Ford Explorer, Lincoln MKS
Lincoln MKT, Ford Flex, Ford F-150
SYNC & SYNC with MyFord
- Everything you need to stay in touch, be entertained and stay informed, plus the assurance of 911 Assist.
- More information at a glance with a 4.2-inch cluster screen and a 4.2-inch center-stack screen.
20% better fuel efficiency and 15% reduced greenhouse emissions than these same engines.
SYNC with voice-activated navigation
The basic system plus available voice-activated navigation, color nav screen and enhanced voice-recognition vocabulary
SYNC with MyFord Touch
- With advanced in-car, voice-activated technology, this system recognizes many voice commands with a color touch screen and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
SYNC with Emergency Assistance
Question for discussion
1. Where would you put Ford In terms of competitive position?
2. Is Ford market centered company? How can it improve in this area?
3. How does Ford’s Sync contribute to its competitive advantage?
4. Can Mulally succeeded with small world cars?
5. What other recommendations would you make to Mullaly and Ford?