Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Reducing the Gender Achievement Gap in College Science: Value Affirmation
Transcript of Reducing the Gender Achievement Gap in College Science: Value Affirmation
*Women earn lower exam grades and lower scores on standardized tests of conceptual mastery.
The PhD Numbers, 2006:
*28% in Physical Science
*25% in Mathematics
*25% in Computer Science
*20% in Engineering
Values Affirmation Study
*What was observed:
Class average (3 midterms 1 final)
FMCE (Force and Motion Conceptual Evaluation
Values and why they were important to them.
Least important values and why they would be valued by others.
The Gender Gap Overall
Women are taking over.
Men outperformed women in both groups, but less so in the affirmation group
Control group= men outperformed women substantially
Affirmation group= women outperformed men.