Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Water pollution
Here is what The Water project says to do
1. Start a fundraiser
2. Get your school involved
3. Join My Water Project
4. Spread the word. The Water Project is helping in Africa by digging wells.In Africa the types are hand dug They're about 50` deep and very dangerous they are the famous hole and a bucket with a roof image but can be easily contaminated, then the shallow machine dug ones that use a pump to extract the water and can be 200`deep, and very deep wells that need industrial digging machines they can cost 30,000$ be 900`deep and serve 3,000 people. People all over the world do not have axis to clean water. Some bodies of water are human contaminated like Citarum River in West Java, Indonesia, and some are naturally contaminated like the green algae filled Chaonu Lake in Anhui, Provine China. One way the Water Project helps is digging wells in Africa. There are three main types of wells. The first one is a hand dug well and it is very dangerous. They are extremely dangerous to build because they are about 50 feet deep and people can fall in, but they are used where there is a lot of ground water. They get polluted easily.
Then there's a shallow well which is 50-200 feet. The Water Project uses small rigs, provided by donors, to build them. They are very cost effective in Kenya and can be moved with ease. It allows work to be done quickly and gives very clean water. As the machines drill through the rock, casing is installed to keep the well from falling in. A concrete base is formed around the small casing and it is left to set overnight. Once the concrete is dry a small hand pump is put in and sealed so it can't get polluted.