Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Making A Hair Slide Final
Transcript of Making A Hair Slide Final
1) Thoroughly clean the hair or tissue you are trying to cast, by pulling it through a tissue, or cotton ball moistened with isopropyl alcohol
2) Apply a very thin layer of clear nail polish to a glass slide in a stripe
3) Lay the hair on the slide
4) Allow the polish to dry, and lift the hair out, by the root end
5) An imprint of the hair should be visible on the polish
6) Place the slide on microscope and begin viewing on the lowest magnification.
7) Compare the cast to the actual hair
8) Draw/record your observations
Hair vs Fibers
Hair is made of cells
Can be "Individual" or "Class" evidence
Cuticle (outermost scale layer)
Cortex (spindle shaped cells inside cuticle)
Medulla (central canal)
Fibers have none of these
Human hair vs Animal Hair
Animal Hair stops growing at a certain length.
Human Hair keeps growing.
Animal medulla is more than half the width of the hair
Human medulla is less than 1/3 the width of the hair