Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Understanding Ta'lim
How much do you know about the Ta'lim Curriculum?
1). Ta'lim curriculum was developed by Aga Khan University around 1990s
2) Ta'lim is designed to meet the needs of only Ismaili Muslim students living in different countries and cultures.
Ta'lim is "designed to meet the needs of Ismaili Muslim students, parents and teachers living in different countries and cultures."
Teacher's and Parent's Guide
is the main reference source for using the curriculum. It is intended to be used both in the classroom and
3) One of the outcomes of the Ta'lim curriculum is the moral development of the child.
What are the others areas of development?
4) The general education approach of the Ta'lim curriculum is the Student-Teacher centered approach
"The educational principles which underpin this curriculum draw upon the
Caters to the child's "needs, abilities and interests."
"Guided by the teacher who is the focus of the curriculum."
Other Educational Approaches
"linking the content to the child's life"
"encouraged to think, ask questions & search for answers
"promotes communication & cooperation in the classroom"
utilizes a variety of teaching aids and learning materials
5) Ta'lim, specifically, educates the students in the faith, history, and cultures of the Ismaili Muslim community.
"Ta'lim educates the students in the faith, history, and cultures of the Muslim people and of the Ismaili Muslim community in particular."
GOALS OF TA`LIM
The educational goals express the board purposes of religious education for children.
Pre-School Education Goals
The pre-school educational goals may be defined as helping the children.
To develop love and loyalty for Mawlana Hazir Imam.
To become aware of their identity as Ismaili Muslims in the overall context of the Islamic Ummah.
To develop positive relationship with all people.
To increase their understanding of the world as part of Allah's vast creation
To become aware that there are two aspects of life, the materials and the spiritual, and to maintain a balance between the two.
To acquire Islamic value and attitudes from a very young age.
To participants with understanding in the practice of the Ismaili Tariqah of Islam.
LPL & UPL Educational Goals
The educational goals of the lower/upper primary curriculum may be defined as follows:
to advance the children’s knowledge and understanding of the fundamental principles of Islam
to help them acquire a historical and cultural perspective of Islam and of the Ismaili Tariqah
to inspire in them loyalty and devotion to the Imam of the time
to develop their understanding of themselves as Ismaili Muslims within the unity of Islam;
to encourage them to practise the faith as a necessary and integral part of their lives;
to guide them in the formation of attitudes and conduct in keeping with Islamic ethics;
To foster in them the spirit of voluntary service to community, society and humanity
6) The content in the Ta'lim curriculum develops spirally according to the needs of the child.
The Ta`lim Spiral (Broad Areas)
Allah the creator
Prophets of Allah
Murids of Imam and People and Places
Islam as a Civilization
The Role of the Parents in the child's Religious Educational Development
"The programme has been developed by the Department of Education, the Institute of Ismaili Studies, London and implemented by the Ismaili Tariqah and Religious Education Boards."
"consisting of range of educational materials in several languages, including: