Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of On Libraries
Point of departure, research interests, and ideas
Sunniva Evjen, PhD,
Associate professor @ OAUC
PLACE: Public Libraries as Arenas for Citizenship
Pont of departure
"Placing the public library - a qualitative analysis
of political perceptions"
PhD: Politicians and the urban library project (2012)
Use of urban libraries:
Central libraries - and branch libraries
Norway: New preamble in Library Act (2014):
§1 Objective: Public libraries shall be responsible for promoting knowledge, education and other cultural activities through active dissemination and by providing access to and making available books and other media, free of charge, to everyone residing in Norway.
Public libraries are independent meeting places and arenas for public discourse and debate.
Each library shall in its services to children and adults stress the importance of providing high-quality, comprehensive and up-to-date material.
Library activities shall be directed towards the public and the services shall be publicized.
Public libraries are part of a national library system.
Main library vs.