Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CFOR 101 (Fa '15) T01 - The Spiritual Life as a Journey
Transcript of CFOR 101 (Fa '15) T01 - The Spiritual Life as a Journey
"Spiritual formation is a
to the image of Christ
for the sake of others
. " (Mulholland, 16-17)
Watch the video clip
"Training vs. trying"
essence: it's not an event nor is it
instant; takes time
goal: to become more like Christ
reason: others should benefit
when I spiritually mature
- one size fits all
Dangers in Spiritual Formation
- search for quick fix of my problems
- technique for controlling
my relationship with God
- wrong attitude ("I can do it")
Training or Trying
Major difference between training to do
something and trying to do something
Spiritual formation is not a matter of trying harder but of training wisely.
. . . a Christ-centered orientation to every component of life through the mediating power of the indwelling Holy Spirit.
. . . a journey of the spirit that begins with the gift of forgiveness and life in Christ and progresses through faith and obedience. (Boa, 19)
Biblical Spirituality is . . .
In groups of 3-4 students think about 1 Tim 4:7,
... train yourself for godliness
What may be included in a such a
Which image describes best your spiritual life at the moment?