Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
One Minute Manager
Transcript of One Minute Manager
2. See what good behaviour looks like.
3. Write out each of your goals on a single sheet of paper using less than 250 words.
4. Read and re-read each goal, which requires only a minute each time
5. Take a minute out of your day to look at your performance
6. See whether or not your behaviour matches your goals. One Minute Praising 1. Tell people up front that you are going to tell them how they are doing.
2. Praise people immediately
3. Tell people what they did right - be specific
4. Tell people how good you feel about what they did right, and how it helps the organization and other people who work there.
5. Stop for a moment of silence to let them "feel" how good you feel.
6. Encourage them to do more of the same.
7. Shake hands or touch people in a way that makes it clear that you support their success in the organization. One Minute Reprimand 1. Tell people beforehand that you are going to let them know how they are doing in no uncertain terms.
6. Shanke hands, or touch them in a way that lets them know you are honestly on their side.
7. Remind them how much you value them.
8. Reaffirm that you think well of them but not their performance in this situation.
9. Realize that when the reprimand is over, it's over.
2. Reprimand people immediately.
3. Tell people what they did wrong - be specific.
4. Tell people how you feel about what they did wrong - and in no uncertain terms.
5. Stop for a few seconds of uncomfortable silence to let them feel how you feel . Second Half First Half MANAGEMENT EFFECTIVE MANAGER Results-Oriented People-Oriented Efficient Organized AUTOCRATIC MANAGER Company benifts while Subordinates don't.
'Bottom Line Manager'
'Profit-Minded' DEMOCRATIC MANAGER Subordinates benefit while Company doesn't.
People Who Feel
* Why It Works Both the Mangers and their people know what is expected of them (there are no assumptions)
Workers are more motivated when they have a goal to reach
"Feedback is the Breakfast of Champions" Why It Works People are acknowledged when they perform well, not only when they make mistakes.
This encourages people to move in the right direction and continue to perform well. Why It Works By telling workers what their mistakes are when they happen, the worker is not overwhelmed at a performance review.
Manager is able to give worker imediate feedback and point their subordinate in the right direction for success
The worker is not attacked personally, they are simply reminded to revise their goals. *
We Are Not
* 'Take a minute out of each day to look at the faces of the people you manage, and realize that they are your most important resources. ' SUCCESSFUL COMPANIES UNDER
ONE MINUTE MANAGEMENT Staples Toyota Wendy's Sony Corporation Victoria's Secret Wal-Mart Marriot Hotels