Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Lionel Messi
- Won three champions league titles with FC Barcelona
- Received a record 4 Ballon D'or's (FIFA best player of the year award)
- Various other MVP trophies
- Recently scored 400+ goals for his club and country
-Led Argentina to the World Cup Finals at Brazil 2014
"I don't need a good hairstyle or an amazing body, just give me a ball at my feet and I'll show you what I can do."
"It took me 17 years and 114 days to become an over night success."
Who is Lionel Messi?
- One of the greatest footballers ever.
- Set various records in the world of soccer.
- A goodwill ambassador for UNICEF since 2010.
- Still playing today with years left in his career.
- Plays for the Spanish club team FC Barcelona and the Argentina national team.
- One of the best professional soccer players to grace the game
- Very skillful with running and dribbling with the ball.
- Consistently scoring goals and assisting for club and country
- Always has respect for other players and team mates on and off the pitch
One of the worlds best players
- Parents were Jorge and Celia Messi
- Siblings consisted of Maria, Matias and Rodrigo
-Began dating his current girlfriend, Antonella Roccuzzo in 2007
- They have a 1 year old son named Thiago
-Born on June 24th 1987 in Rosario, Argentina
- Needs 2 more goals to set La Liga scoring record
- Argentinian footballer Diego Maradona
- FCB team mate Ronaldihno
- Andrea Pirlo
- Made debut for Barcelona at age 19 on September 27th 2005
- Scored his greatest goal on April 18th 2007
- Birth of his child, Thiago, on November 2nd 2012
- May 17th 2006- First UCL title
- May 27th 2009- Second UCL title
- May 28th 2011- Third and most recent UCL title
Limitations and Obstacles
- Diagnosed with a growth hormone at a young age.
- Always the smallest in almost any group
- Did many tough things that were mandatory to his health
- Soccer was a last hope
- A risky offer from Barcelona to make a huge move
- Struggling to fit in to the new team and environment
- Ronaldihno's support and help
- Messi's contract to sign and move to Barcelona to train was signed on small napkin.
- Messi was offered hundred millions of dollars to play for Spain in the 2010 World Cup but instead stayed with Argentina.
- Messi's preferred left foot was molded into gold and is on sale in Japan
-Fuller, Paul, Soccer Stars: Lionel Messi, San Francisco, Penguin Group, May 7th 2012
-Alonso, Bogar, Lionel Messi Biography, Biography.com, September 23rd 2012, September 26th 2014, http://www.biography.com/people/lionel-messi-555732#related-video-gallery
-Pettigrove, Jason, 6 Little Known Facts About FC Barcalona's Messi, BleacherReport.com, April 30th 2014, September 31th 2014, http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2041556-6-little-known-facts-about-barcelonas-lionel-messi
Thank you for listening to my presentation!
creds to canale for the pointer