Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How do organisms use energy?
Transcript of How do organisms use energy?
Food has nutrients that allow us to grow and gives us energy Digestion Food needs to be changed before an organism uses it
Process of changing food into usable nutrients
Mouth, stomach and intestines are used by us. Cellular Respiration Organisms get energy from the food they process.
Cells use sugar from food.
When the cells need energy, sugar breaks apart and release energy.
oxygen + food = energy, water and CO2
(biproducts) Excretion Organisms must get rid of wastes
Human wastes: CO2, sweat, urine, and feces
Plant waste: glucose (sugar) and oxygen Transport Digested food must be carried around the body
Waste products must be carried away and released.