Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Chicago Cubs 1
Transcript of Chicago Cubs 1
I’m not here to win. I’m here to remind you when America’s love affair with sports began. It began before winning was the only thing, before it even was a thing. That’s where I’m from–a time when the game was the only thing, and it was bigger than anything or anybody else.
Do you play to win the game? Sure. Of course. But you also play for opening day. For fresh cut grass and 80-year-old ivy. For a summer in the city and baseball by the lake.
Because you forgot something about me that I’m never afraid to tell you again and again: baseball is supposed to be fun. I’m one of the lucky ones. I play baseball. And from the opening anthem to the homerun ball you had to throw back to a white “W” flag holding on for dear life–for those 9 innings we share, you’re one of the lucky ones too.