Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Program Development
Program Planning, Hand-off Points, and a System of Support during Implementation
Where Does the
Criteria for Program Consideration
SIT serves as the initial brainstorm team.
Smaller development group takes the idea further to make recommendations.
SIT makes the "Go", "No Go", or "Go Later"
Ideas for new programs and curriculum come from multiple sources - b.g., SIT members, center staff, etc...
What are the criteria for the program before making a decision to move forward?
What are the key elements to consider?
- Is it in the Community Needs Assessment (CNA)/ Strategic Plan?
- Impact jobs, further education, higher wages, and skills attainment.
- Individuals, communities, and employers
Will the program be center-specific vs. multi-center?
Do we have the appropriate funding for the program?
Center Infrastructure exists to support the program?
Do we have the personnel to support and sustain the program?
Curriculum resides with the program
development managers who will either
develop curriculum directly or manage a
contractor depending on the need.
In-house Staff - Release Time
Contract work needs to be justified.
Formatting of curricula and publication
can be contracted out.
Director of Planning and Program Development
Assigned Program Development Manager
Director of JTE Sites
SIT makes the "GO" decision.
SIT decides where the new program gets
housed based on development team
Marketing - Selling the Project
Development - $ for the program
Community Relations - Explore partnerships, CBOs, and businesses to help the program grow.
SIT makes the "No Go" decision.
SIT makes the "GO LATER" decision
One or more of the Funnel Criteria are lacking and need to be developed.
Perhaps the timing does not currently fit the strategic plan.