Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Airport Planning
Deregulation gave new start ups the opportunity to enter the airline industry.
This also allowed more service, to more people, to more cities, at lower prices than before.
ogy of US Airlines
Airline’s business strategy
Routes they select
Passenger satisfies are not met
Airlines were not services all cities
Why some succeeded
and others faile
Start Up Airlines:
- Air Chaparral (an American regional airline, it was active in 1980 with its main office located in Reno, Nevada. Air Chaparral ceased operations in 1983 and had filed for bankruptcy)
Air Hawaii (Air Hawaii began operations between Honolulu and Los Angeles in 1985. The airline ran into financial problems and discontinued operations in 1986.)
Short term: 1980s
Increase in passengers
E.g. City noise ordinance
Airport Planning Challenges
Zuidas, Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Songdo International Business District
Ekurhuleni, South Africa
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
Aviation Oriented Businesses
Manufacturing and Distribution facilities
Trade and Exhibition Complexes
Flying aircraft to full capacity.
Use of various aircraft to save on costs.
Benefits of Hub-and-Spoke for the Airlines
Increase in Passengers
Airport Planning Post Deregulation
Deregulation After 35 years