Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Evolution of the Internet
Transcript of The Evolution of the Internet
Faster Communication Identity Theft
Information Resources Spamming
Entertainment Virus Threat
Social Networking Pornography
Online Services/ E-commerce Social disconnect The Evolution of the Internet Web = Internet? WEB -Utilize browsers INTERNET - Largest computer network in the world
- Connects billions of users globally The Internet underwent stages of evolution First Evolution: Web 1.0 Web 2.0 Birth of the Internet Vinton Cerf Robert Kahn Advanced
Twork It was created byAndrew Weinreich YouthStream Media Networks bought Sixdegrees for $125 million It was named after the six degrees of separation concept SixDegrees was launched on 1997 and ended 2001 SixDegrees was a social network Founded in 1999 in Foster City, California,
near Silicon Valley. Collapsed 2001 Started in Foster City, California, near Silicon Valley. -Subset of the internet
- Based on the Hypertext Transfer Protocol WWW -World Wide Web
- Part of the Internet used the most communicationresearch shopping
accessible Founded by David Karp A Social Networking Service mainly for blogging This is how tumblr looks like! Dashboard- The main control of a user blog Online "credit and delivery" grocery business. It is now owned and operated
by amazon.com. Web 1.0 vs. Web 2.0 Was READ-ONLY Did not allow interaction between users Users could not upload content and information Was comprised of simple directories and static HTML extentions READ-WRITE Allows users to produce content and website integration Blogs
Contributing to RSS Future? Newest development: Web 3.0 Advancements in Artificial inteligence (AI) - XML (Extensible Markup Language): Words
- RDF (Resource Description Framework): to define concepts and make relations between said concepts
- OWL (Web Ontology Language): to provide further expression and locgic to the RDF
- SWRL (Semantic Web Rule Language): Rules *Instagram released in October 2010!
*A new way to socialize with public threw pictures!
*Available in Apple app store for iPhones,iPad and iPods. *It took 2 years for instagram to become what it is today.
*Instagram allowed people to use hashtag to tag whatever they choose. $