Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Launder Less
University students aged 18-24
Purpose and Objectives
Step 1 Step 2 Step 3 Step 4 Step 5
refers to the wearing, laundering, drying and maintenance of a garment.
is accountable for approximately
of the lifecycle energy consumption of frequently washed garments.
Kelvin Grove Campus Library
Gardens Point Campus Library
Grab a shirt, jeans, jumper, shorts or dress.
Wear that garment repeatedly throughout the semester (unwashed).
Check in on Facebook (what are you doing?) or hashtag to Instagram whilst wearing the garment (how long has it been unwashed?)
Wear it the most times and WIN and Country Road voucher, Peppermint Magazine subscription and free dry cleaning!
You've participated in helping the environment!
Why university students?
Why social media approach matches demographic?
This demographic are ideal for behaviour change strategies! (Kolovich 2011)
Research shows students use social media more than ever before! (Strong 2012)
Social marketing is the ideal strategy for changing behaviours within the home! (Shove 2003)
- Focus on promoting sustainable laundering techniques -
- Change preconceived notion of the need for frequent laundering -
- Encourage university students to implement these concepts NOW -
A movement that anyone can be involved in!
For a cause that everyone impacts!
...And you'll help the environment!
Image Reference List
(In order of appearance)
Payne, Alice. 2011. “Garment Life-cycle: Fibre to fibre”. Accessed October 23, 2012. http://urbantimes.co/2012/04/garment-life-cycle/untitled-14/
The Sydney Morning Herald. 2006. "Students flock back to the arts". Accessed October 24, 2012. http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/students-flock-back-to-the-arts/2006/09/22/1158431904492.html
Dreamtime. 2012. "Washing Clothes at Laundry". Accessed October 24, 2012. http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-image-washing-clothes-laundry-image18530461
Holtom, C. 2010. "The Washing Line". Accessed 23 October 2012. http://cathyholtomdustylane.blogspot.com.au/2010/08/washing-line.html