Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Minecraft
"From Thought to Development"
By Ryan Toomey
Why did I select this topic?
I selected this topic because I like to play the game and I wanted to learn more about the game, who created it, how they created it, and the types of software used.
What is Minecraft?
What is a "sandbox indie" game?
Who publishes the Game?
Who Created Minecraft?
"Sandbox" means a player can move freely around in the game.
"Indie" means the game was developed by a person or small group of people
Swedish programmer Markus "Notch" Persson in 2009 created the game mincraft.
How is the game developed?
How to Design?
Five primary goals through Java designing:
1. It should be "simple, object-oriented and familiar"
2. It should be "robust and secure"
3. It should be "architecture-neutral and portable"
4. It should execute with "high performance"
5. It should be "interpreted, threaded, and dynamic"
Awards & Financial Goals
Minecraft is a video
game that is known as
a "sandbox indie" game
A company called Mojang publishes the current version of the game.
The game uses Java which is a "computer programming language"
Minecraft has been awarded five awards in 2011.
What are they selling in addition to the game (they get to make more money)
foam modles of tools
this is what mojang sells to run the company still in buissness.
Roblox is a game that competes with minecraft.
Do you have any questions?