Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
OBSTACLES TO READING
Transcript of OBSTACLES TO READING
"OBSTACLES TO READING"
Children who are left-handed or left eye dominant.
Children display dominance in the two spheres
of their brain.
Difficulties in differentiating letters.
Handicapped children may display spatial
or directional disorientation.
is a cause for reading retardation.
Intellectual or Emotional maturation
Facts that relate to obstacles
* Physical discomfort such as headache, stomach ache, hunger, thirst, etc.
Reading is intertwined with language, and so non-speakers of a language will have more difficulties reading a second language.
Reading and listening
are closely related.
Proficiency in listening
is in conducive in proficiency in reading.
* Malfunction of the visual
*Eye defects such as nearsightedness/farsightedness, speech impediments, etc.
*Child's lack of self confidence, feeling of rejection and other negative personality traits.
(shyness, being withdrawn,
poor rapport with others, conflict with parents and peers)
*Teacher personality factors such as lack
of competence, emotional immaturity,
lack of social sense, etc.
* General emotional atmosphere at home
- The attitude of parents in guiding their children's progress in school.
*Conditions at Home and at School.
Conditions of poor room lightning,
ventilation, seating arrangement.
* Low economic status (poverty) of children
of poor families.
Sensationalism and Retrogressive
literacy as fostered by commercialism
in mass media.
*Policies and programs of government and of the schools on the development reading program.