Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
OBSTACLES TO READING
Transcript of OBSTACLES TO READING
"OBSTACLES TO READING"
Children who are left-handed or left eye dominant.
Children display dominance in the two spheres
of their brain.
Difficulties in differentiating letters.
Handicapped children may display spatial
or directional disorientation.
is a cause for reading retardation.
Intellectual or Emotional maturation
Facts that relate to obstacles
* Physical discomfort such as headache, stomach ache, hunger, thirst, etc.
Reading is intertwined with language, and so non-speakers of a language will have more difficulties reading a second language.
Reading and listening
are closely related.
Proficiency in listening
is in conducive in proficiency in reading.
* Malfunction of the visual
*Eye defects such as nearsightedness/farsightedness, speech impediments, etc.
*Child's lack of self confidence, feeling of rejection and other negative personality traits.
(shyness, being withdrawn,
poor rapport with others, conflict with parents and peers)
*Teacher personality factors such as lack
of competence, emotional immaturity,
lack of social sense, etc.
* General emotional atmosphere at home
- The attitude of parents in guiding their children's progress in school.
*Conditions at Home and at School.
Conditions of poor room lightning,
ventilation, seating arrangement.
* Low economic status (poverty) of children
of poor families.
Sensationalism and Retrogressive
literacy as fostered by commercialism
in mass media.
*Policies and programs of government and of the schools on the development reading program.