Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of "Aaron's Gift"
Think of a time you gave a relative a gift. How did he or she react? Did he or she react like you expected? If not, what should you have given instead?
Grew up in New York City
Loved going to the library as a child, so took a job at the New York City Library and decided to become a writer.
Went to college for chemical engineering
Novels and stories won worldwide honors
Carrier pigeons have the ability to fly to a particular location.
Trained to carry messages since ancient times
Delivered the results of the first Olympics in 776 BC
Carried reports to the emperor of China in 500 BC
During WWI, 200 soldiers trapped behind enemy lines released a pigeon named Cher Ami with a message. The message was delivered and saved the soldiers lives.
As you read, focus on
Point of View
1. Why did Aaron want to give Pidge to his grandmother for her birthday?
2. What does Aaron's reaction to Carl's invitation to join his group to reveal about Aaron's personality?
3. Aaron falls asleep thinking his grandmother would have wanted Pidge to go free, and that Pidge's freedon was ultimately his gift to her. (a)Do you think Aaron gave his grandmother any other gifts that day? (b)What else might she have been happy about?
Use the details from the story to write a literary response reflecting on Aaron's grandmother's feelings about Pidge and why she may have wanted him to be free.