Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Copy of Theme
Transcript of Copy of Copy of Theme
What is this story really about?
What is the message about life?
Topic (Abstract noun) + Author Opinion =
Something you can think of, but not touch
(Use an abstract noun/topic)
Theme asks us to identify:
What you give in life
is what you receive.
Use the topic (abstract noun) and write
a sentence saying what you think the
author is trying to tell his/her readers
about that topic.
Good will conquer evil.
You must fight for the
change you wish to see
What if I'm having a hard time
figuring out what the story is about?
Look at: T2C2
1. Topic: what abstract topic is the whole text about?
2. Title of the Text
3. Climax: the climax will tell you what's important in the story.
4. Changes: What a character learns/discovers
good and evil
1. Read the lyrics to a song with your group of 3-4 students.
2. If needed, go through the T2C2 steps with your lyrics.
3. Use one of these topics (abstract nouns) to write a theme statement--what is the
author saying to the audience about that idea?
4. Make a poster that includes:
Song title and artist
Two quotes from song that prove the theme
A day to play
Got washed away.
Rain comes down,
Eyes are sad.
Rain is bad!
Get the chairs.
Instead of sports
Rainy day tears
Can turn into cheers.
How does the speaker feel at the beginning of the poem? How do the speaker's feelings change?
What could be themes for this poem?
1. Love conquers all.
2. A cheerful attitude can overcome obstacles.
3. Dedication pays off.
How do you know?
Theme: A cheerful attitude can overcome obstacles.
--How do we know??
-The day starts out badly because of the rain
-The speaker builds indoor forts
-The speaker realized that rainy days can still be fun
Can you find the theme?