Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Flour
is the outside
of the wheat kernel.
The bran is responsi
ble for the brown co
lour of the whole wheat. BRAN- WHEAT GERM- Rich in fat, protein,
vitamines ENDOSPERM- is the largest part of the
wheat kernel.It's rich
in starch & protein.
The endosperm is
made into white flour. Wheat Flour Types 1. Bread flour 2.All Purpose flour
3. Pastry flour
6.Whole wheat flour. All made from the... ENDOSPREM!! - Are a
which are baked -consist of floyur, liquid,
leavening agents, shortening,sugar,salt,
and all flavoring -Include quick
& pastries. Parts of the
KERNEL.penis ENRICHED WHITE FLOUR. -Made from the endosperm
of the wheat flour. -Mainly starch -Vitamin B and the mineral iron is added to the flour to "ENRICH" it. Whole wheat flour. -made from all of the kernel.
-More nutritious then white flour, becuase
it has the bran & the wheat grem
-The bran gives bulk to the diet & aids in
cleaning out the digestive system. Ingredients &
Functions Liquid- are necessary ingredients in baked
products for the hydration of protein, starch,
and leavening agents. Leavening Agents- involves the
a gas that expands as the
batter or dough is heated. Shortening- They contribute moistness and
"mouthfeel" to baked goods Sugar- has many functions as an ingredient
in flour mixtures and baked products.
Basically it provides sweetness. Salt- enhances the flavours and
sweetness of other
ingredients in a baked product. 1. Combine the dry ingredients.
2. Combine the liquid ingredients and the egg(s).
3. Melt the fat and add to the liquid ingredients.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients with a minimum of stirring. MUFFIN METHOD. BISCuIT METHOD 1. Combine the dry ingredients 2. Combine the liquid ingredients and the egg(s). 3. Cut the fat into the flour mixture until the mixture has a coarse texture. 4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Be careful not to overmix. Once a ball of dough forms, it can be kneaded briefly.
Leavening Agents: Baking Soda. egg (Liquid) Shifting. Leaveners: Carbon dioxide (co2) Steam. Air Test for doneness. Flour Mixtures
THOOTH PICK TEST
-for both muffin & biscuit GOLDEN BROWN
-for biscuit & Muffin the muffin top will spring back when touched lightly. s