Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of photoelectric effect
It is the ability of light or photons to dislodge/emit electrons from metals surfaces.
Applications of photoelectric effect.
Automatic doors systems-photocell
Television camera tubes
Turn on street light at dawn
Light - activated counters
The emitted electrons are called photo electrons.
Threshold frequency- It is the minimum frequency required for electrons to be emitted.
Terms in Photo electric effect
Threshold wavelength- it is the maximum wavelength needed for electron to be dislodged from a metal surface.
work function- it is the minimum energy needed for electrons to be removed from a metal surface.
E=hf=W+KE of electrons
h= Planck's constant
W= work function