Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Biology 2: Chapter 10.1 and 10.3 reteach
Transcript of Biology 2: Chapter 10.1 and 10.3 reteach
Regulation Reteach Why do Cells Divide? - Cell Size
- Cell Maintenance
- Making New Cells How do Cells prepare for Cell Division? - DNA is copied
- Cell begins to divide
- Cell completely divides
- 2 Identical cells Factors that control cell growth - Protein signals and other environmental signals How is DNA packaged into the nucleus? Prokaryotes - Single circular molecule of DNA
- Prokaryotic chromosome is condensed through repeated twisting or winding Eukaryotes - Packaged into highly condensed chromosome
- Histones -> 8 Histones = Histone Core -> Histone Core + Long DNA molecule = Nucleosome -> 30nm -> Chromatid-> Daughter Cell - Each daughter cell must contain enough of each organell
- DNA must be copied, sorted and separated Prokaryotes Eukaryotes How do Feedback Signals Affect the Cell Cycle? - Feedback signals at key checkpoints in the cell cycle can delay or trigger the next phase of the cell cycle How can Cancer relate to the Cell Cycle? - Uncontrolled cell growth and division can result in masses of cells that invade and destroy healthy tissues Cell Reproduction Cell Regulation