Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Product Rule
Transcript of The Product Rule
What is it?
In calculus, the
is a formula used to find the derivatives of products of two or more functions.
How It Works
y = this that
y = (3x - 2x )(5 + 4x)
y' = this that' + this' that
What happens if there are THREE terms?
y' = this' that those + this that' those + this that those'
= (3x - 2x )(4) + (5 + 4x)(3 - 4x)
= (12x - 8x ) + (15 - 8x - 16x )
= -24x + 4x + 15