Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Dictionary Skills - Looking Up Words
Transcript of Dictionary Skills - Looking Up Words
Look at the first letter of the word
Open up the dictionary and begin flipping to pages that include words with the same first letter. Use Guide Words! Find the guide words at the top of the page.
Is the word you are looking for placed in between the guide words in alphabetical order? Let's Practice! What are the 2 steps for looking up words in the dictionary? You will have 4 minutes at each center.
When the timer goes off, grab your materials and walk to the next center. Use Alphabetical Order! Step 2 Is the word "beautiful" found on the page with the guide words: Beginning - Believe? 1.
2. Can you find the word "gasp?" 1.
2. Can you find the word "doze?" 1.
2. Why do we use a dictionary? 1.
2. What is a definition? What is vocabulary? Cacophony
Panacea Dynamic Dictionary
Games Rules! Play the game to figure out the word you have to look up in the dictionary.
Write the word on your sheet of paper, look up the word in the dictionary and write the page number down.