Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of PKU
PKU is a very rare genetic disorder in which the body cannot properly break down protiens
Can PKU be treated or cured?
There are no cures for PKU yet, but you can help some symptoms by eating a low protien diet.
Can you have children if you have PKU?
Yes, but there is a 50%chance that they may have it
What is the effected population of PKU?
1 in every 10,000-15,000 humans are born with PKU
What are some other names for PKU?
Phenylalanine hydroxylase deficiency disease
Is there any prenatal testing for PKU?
Yes, there are prenatal tests for PKU
PKU is a sex linked genetic disorder. It occurs when there is a mutation in Chromosome 12
How is PKU inherited?