Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
SIR CHARLES HOTHAM
Transcript of SIR CHARLES HOTHAM
Sir Charles Hotham was the Governor at the time of the Eureka Stockade and was hated by the diggers because he introduced the mining permits. GOLD PERMITS
Sir Charles Hotham enforced the gold
permits despite the fact his popularity declined. It was not enough to change his mind on the matter. Hotham migrated to Australia in 1854 and was appointed governor of Victoria. Even though the Goldfields Commission recommended he does not enforce the license hunts twice a week, he went ahead with it anyway in order to improve the economy of the colony.