Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
PERSONALITY AND ITS ASSESSMENT
Transcript of PERSONALITY AND ITS ASSESSMENT
COMPONENTS OF PERSONALITY
WHAT IS PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY AND ITS ASSESSMENT
"Personality" is a dynamic and organized set
of characteristics possessed by a person that uniquely influences their environment,
cognitions, emotions, motivations, and
behavioral science in various situations.
we have to look at what makes up personality. Simply defined, personality is a network of thoughts, feelings, actions and behavioral patterns that differs one person to another. Although personality can be altered, changes in it are fairly small that most psychologists believe that one’s personality persists throughout his lifespan. Here are several important attributes of personality
1. Personality influences our actions and behaviors. Personality can be a driving force that can cause us to act and react to happenings in our environment.
2. Personality is consistent. The actions and behaviors of a person have a pattern based on his personality. In multiple different but somehow related situations, one would be expected to act in the same or similar manner in response to the situation at hand.
3. Personality is expressed in different ways. Personality is not confined in just actions and behaviors. One’s personality can be assessed by taking a closer look at his social interactions, close relationships, as well as the feelings and thoughts that he verbalizes or displays.
4. Personality is both psychological and physiological. While most theorists claim
that personality is a mental matter, current
research shows that biological or physical
needs and mechanisms affect one’s
Is the measurement of personal characteristics. Assessment is an end result of gathering information intended to advance psychological theory and research and to increase the scientific approach to to describe human characteristics in quantitative terms.
METHODS OF PERSONALITY
Personality assessment is conducted through behavioral observations, paper‐and‐pencil tests, and projective techniques. To be useful, such assessments must be constructed using the established criteria of standardization, reliability, and validity.
Most people use behavioral observations to form impressions of others. Such observations are also an important part of clinical assessments by clinical psychologists and other professionals.
Interviews, during which subjects' behaviors are observed, may be structured or unstructured. The examiner may ask a standardized set of questions or engage in a conversational interchange with the subject . During the interview, the examiner forms an opinion about personality characteristics.
PAPER AND PENCIL
The many and various paper‐and‐pencil tests are used for a variety of purposes. To be useful, such tests must be reliable (that is, they must yield very close scores each time they are administered to a particular individual) and valid (that is, they must measure what they are designed to measure).
Projective techniques assess personality by presenting ambiguous stimuli and requiring a subject to respond, projecting his or her personality into the responses.
"The purpose of the personality assessment is to rule out and pre-existing attitudes or beliefs that may bias or alter the study's results."
Personality tests provide measures of such characteristics as feelings and emotional states, preoccupations, motivation
We are all born with a unique genetic blueprint, which lays out the basic characteristics of our personality as well as our physical health and appearance
one have to use his gut and instinct in conjunction with the assessment to make the best deci