Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Marijuana
Based on research done by the United Nations, approximately 158.8 million people worldwide, which is more than 3.8% of the planet’s population, use marijuana.
Approximately 94 million people in the United States have admitted to using marijuana at some time in their lives.
One of the main chemicals in marijuana is THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) and this is what makes people feel "high"
Legal Classification of Marijuana
Effects of Marijuana
Marijuana is not a FDA-approved medicine.
However, there are drugs containing cannabinoids that are legalized.
Marijuana is harmless.
Marijuana is not addictive.
Marijuana is less harmful to your health than tobacco.
Rapid heart beat
Lack of coordination
Slowed reaction time
Marijuana is used to treat cancer and other diseases.
Overview of Spice
Legal Classification of
Effects of Spice
Marijuana is currently less popular among teenagers than MDMA (Ecstasy) or other drugs.
Spice is all-natural.
Other unpredictable effects
Spice is a legal substance, which causes effects similar to the effects of Marijuana
Spice is also known as K2, fake weed, Yucatan Fire, Skunk, Moon Rocks, etc.
It is typically smoked, but it can also be drunk as a herbal infusion or mixed with marijuana
Schedule I drug
Spice has no medical use
Spice is synthetic marijuana.
Spice is legal.
Less than 50 Kilos
Starting in 2011, 'synthetic Cannabinoids', which includes spice, are classified as a Schedule 1 drugs in Virginia
Legalized for medical purposes
Illegal for recreational use
Class 1 misdemeanor
Jail for up to 12 months and/or a fine of up to $2,500
Sale, gift, distribution, or possession with intent to sell, give or distribute
Class 6 felony
Punishable by jail for 1-10 years or jail for up to 12 months and a fine of up to $2,500
Not legal under any circumstances, since spice has many negative effects and does not have any medical purpose
Long Term Effects
Myocardial ischemia- less blood flows to the heart because the arteries get blocked
1. "Marijuana Statistics - Cannabis Use Statistics - Drug-Free World." Drug-Free World. Foundation for a Drug Free World. Web. 11 Feb. 2015. <http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/marijuana/international-statistics.html>.
2. "The Harmful Effects of Marijuana." Drug Free World. Foundation for a Drug Filled World. Web. 11 Feb. 2015. <http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/marijuana/the-harmful-effects.htmlht>.
3. "Marijuana Myths & Facts: The Truth Behind 10 Popular Misconceptions=." Office of National Drug Control Policy. Web. 11 Feb. 2015. <https://www.ncjrs.gov/ondcppubs/publications/pdf/marijuana_myths_facts.pdf>.
4. "DrugFacts: Is Marijuana Medicine?" Drug Abuse. National Institute on Drug Abuse, 1 Dec. 2014. Web. 11 Feb. 2015. <http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana-medicine>.
5. Berman, Douglas. "Can We Rank the "best" and "worst" Medical Marijuana States? By What Metrics?" Marijuana Law, Policy & Reform. 19 Sept. 2013. Web. 11 Feb. 2015. <http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341bfae553ef019aff7d6086970d-pi>.
6. Gagliardi, N. "The Myths Of Synthetic Marijuana." Pasadena Voice. Voice Media, 12 July 2012. Web. 11 Feb. 2015. <http://www.pasadenavoice.com/health-fitness/myths-synthetic-marijuana-1#.VNu6X1a4mlJ>.
7. "What Is Marijuana?" Drug Abuse. National Institute on Drug Abuse, 1 Dec. 2014. Web. 11 Feb. 2015. <http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/what-marijuana>.
8. "DrugFacts: Spice ("Synthetic Marijuana")." Drug Abuse. National Institute on Drug Abuse, 1 Dec. 2012. Web. 11 Feb. 2015. <http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/spice-synthetic-marijuana>.
9. "Virginia RULES." Teens Learn & Live the Law. Web. 11 Feb. 2015. <http://www.virginiarules.com/virginia-rules/drugs>.
10, Pennington, Carolyn. "Fake Pot Spurs Increasing Number of Calls to Poison Center." UConn Today. University of Connecticut, 17 Dec. 2010. Web. 11 Feb. 2015. <http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2010/12/fake-pot-spurs-increasing-number-of-calls-to-poison-center/>.
11. Haiken, Melanie. "'Spice' Or Synthetic Marijuana Linked To Psychosis, Brain, and Kidney Damage." Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 29 June 2013. Web. 15 Feb. 2015. <http://www.forbes.com/sites/melaniehaiken/2013/06/29/spice-or-synthetic-marijuana-may-cause-psychosis-brain-and-kidney-damage/>.
12. Hannaford, Zachary. "Secondhand Marijuana Smoke Exposure Reduces Blood Vessel Function, Research Suggests | Voice Chronicle." Voice Chronicle. Voice Chronicle, 1 Jan. 2014. Web. 11 Feb. 2015. <http://www.voicechronicle.com/201411-secondhand-marijuana-smoke-exposure-reduces-blood-vessel-function-research-suggests>.
I’m that high that you get on, from that burning stuff
First schedule drug in the house yo, that good enough?
Drugs are really bad for yo health
and burn through yo wealth.
Marijuana be schedule 1 drug, boi
nothing good fo yo’self
Causing slow reactions, hallucinations,
Don’t forget lack of coordination
Don’t do spice and weed.