Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
PAC Tour Presentation
Transcript of PAC Tour Presentation
& How We Get There Our Mission In collaboration with Cal Poly and the City of San Luis Obispo, our mission is to provide and promote an extraordinary and accessible center for the performing arts that will elevate the arts in our community. 1986 The Foundation for the Performing Arts Center is established The Community desires a local Civic Fine Arts Center The Big Bang Vision for the facility:
“To create a home for the performing arts in San Luis Obispo County and to do it with taste, distinction, and quality.” Nov.
1986 The partnership is formed 1994 Construction
1996 Performing Arts Center Grand Opening “It is true that words cannot do justice to the effort, the sacrifices, the sheer force of will that it took to see this monumental gift through to completion.”
– April Karys, editor Performing Arts Center History Committee FACT: FPAC raised $12.5 million for construction Offsetting Costs Local Performing Arts Groups FPAC Audiences Keep ticket prices affordable Client Groups benefiting from FPAC support include: Academy of Dance Ballet Theatre San Luis Obispo Cal Poly Arts Cal Poly Music Department Central Coast Children's Choir Civic Ballet of San Luis Obispo Cuesta Master Chorale Festival Mozaic GALA Grizzly Academy Laguna Middle School Morro Bay High School Opera San Luis Obispo SLO International Film Festival San Luis Obispo Symphony SLO Youth Symphony Variable Velocity Performance Group Capital Improvements 1,274-seat Harman Hall;
494-seat Spanos Theater;
330 seat performance and rehearsal space called the Pavilion;
180-seat recital hall. In total, the PAC is home to more than 300 performances and events each year, by international and national performers as well as our own talented local performing arts groups. Community Access Fund Building Our Endowment Our Donors ensuring high quality performing arts experiences staying state-of-the-art You stay classy PAC SLO. 2007 The Forbes Pipe Organ In 2011-2012 the PAC will:
install electronic architecture;
replace the outdated audio system;
mount under-balcony speakers;
and inaugurate cinema surround sound. & Photo by Bert Forbes 2007 Intelligent Lighting 2010 High Definition Equipment Photo by Barry Goyette Photo by Kiel Carreau Photo by Colleen Rosenthal FACT: In the 2010-11 academic year, over 10,000 students attended school performances and 6,000 children performed on stage in Harman Hall. Business & Foundation Support AT&T
American Perspective Bank
Barnett Cox & Associates
Carmel & Naccasha LLP
Hock Family Foundation
Pacific Gas & Electric Company
Pacific Group of Wells Fargo Advisors
Bleuher & Goodwin
RRM Design Group
Santa Barbara Bank & Trust Winery Support Derby Wine Estates
Halter Ranch Vineyard
Jack Creek Cellars
Justin Vineyards & Winery
Tablas Creek Vineyard
Terry Hoage Vineyards
Turley Wine Cellars
Wild Horse Winery & Vineyards Individual Support Photo by JohnPatrickImages.com Photo by JohnPatrickImages.com Photo by Colleen Rosenthal Photo by JohnPatrickImages.com Photo by Colleen Rosenthal Photo by Barry Goyette The Performing Arts Center, San Luis Obispo includes: Photo by Bert Forbes Photo by Colleen Rosenthal Photo by Bert Forbes Photo by Kiel Carreau Photo by Barry Goyette Photo by Sheri Thompson