Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
GIST READING STRATEGY
Transcript of GIST READING STRATEGY
OF THIS STRATEGY? Let's try it! ;-) The strategy is applied to support
comprehension and summarizing skills. Does "GIST" stand for anything? We 1st read the text and "mark it up" (with words, phrases, and/or ideas from the text that are essential in writing a concise summary). How can we use the GIST strategy? We create a one to two sentence summary
of the text we have read using no more
than 10 to 20 words. Once marked, we begin
constructing sentences. Please join your tutorial groups. Each group will
be assigned a chapter in which groups will be responsible for reading, completing a GIST and presenting to the rest of the class on Monday, November 19th. GIST stand for Generating Interaction between
Schemata and Text. Identifying the 5 W's and 1 H
(who, what, when, where, why and how)