Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Sir Alex Ferguson Managing Manchester United
Transcript of Sir Alex Ferguson Managing Manchester United
Mr. Ferguson in Manchester United
He Managed Manchester United from 1986 to 2013, which consider longest serving manager that complete more than 26-and-a-half years as the club's manager.
Born in Glasgow, Scotland 31 December 1941.
Pervious Scottish former football manager and player.
He is the most successful, admired and respected managers in the history of the game.
Ferguson's Early life
In 1974, Mr. Ferguson started as a football player for Govan Rangers in Scotland, but he wasn’t successful so he retired and became a manger.
He had managed many clubs including Aberdeen, St. Mirren, and Manchester United.
He displayed many manger roles and techniques within Manchester United.
3. Set high standard and hold everyone to them
"I used to be the first to arrive in the morning. In my later years, a lot of my staff members would already be there when I got in at 7 AM. I think they understood why I came in early—they knew there was a job to be done." Sir Alex's says.
4. Never cede control
You have to get rid of an employee if he is trying to wrest some of your power. even if he is the best player in the world
Sir Alex's eight core concepts:
1. Start with the foundation
bringing in young players and building a youth system that could sustain the club for years
2. Dare to rebuild your team
every team should be retooled every four years.
Sir Alex Ferguson Managing Manchester United
Mr. Ferguson has successfully established an amazing reputation with Manchester United as CBE (The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire)
He spent six seasons building the team from scratch, and won his first title in 1993.
Mr. Ferguson utilized skills and tactics when building Manchester United into a world powerhouse.
5. Match the message to the moment
The context of a situation determines the best message to send to your team.
6. Prepare to win
7. Rely on the power of observation
he could simply watch and observe what was going on with each individual player.
8. Never stop adapting
He explains, "I believe that you control change by accepting it."
And all these Formula where used in three fields:
1. Managing a Game
2. Managing a Season
3. Managing a Club
Ferguson Managing A Season
Sir Alex uses a tactic to train his team for the season so that they are at their 100% in games and nearing the end of the season to grasp the win.
Sir Alex has been well known for his amazing tradeoff tactic, to which he rests key players and uses younger ones to play for less important matches.
Sir Alex assistants keep supervise the training so that he could the observe players and their performances.
During every training session Sir Alex comes out to the field to increase sharpness and performances of players and continue on giving them positive vibes and to encouragement.
Sir Alex constantly held short meeting to understand his players more.
Ferguson Managing A game
Selects the team few days before the match, but doesn’t revel it till the day of the match.
observes opponent’s players, tries continues to predict what will their game plan be and create a counter-attack.
The players continue with video analysis of opponent's strengths, weaknesses, set pieces, and what their team is likely to be.
Ferguson Managing A Club
Sir Alex keeps reminds players of weak spots or mistakes in the opponent’s game plan.
During half-time break while match Sir Alex according to the situation weather winning or losing talks to the team about mistakes and provides motivation to the players.
he established a “Manchester United Youth Program” to which young players could come and train.
Mr. Ferguson introduced scientists in the club to train according to ability and body physical aspects.
Cutting players from the club according to they're development and respect towards the club
he sated the concept of hard work and derived it into the minds of his player to get the best out of them.
The management roles
Interpersonal management role
1. Mr. Ferguson was the Figurehead of United during his time of management.
2. He became a role-model to most people within the club from coaches, players and even assistants.
3. Mr. Ferguson makes all other clubs fear the united due to his great tactics and skills.
4. Ferguson made his senior debut for the amateur Queens Park Rangers club as a 16-year-old.
Informational Management Role
1. Ferguson is the longest serving manager of Manchester United
2. Ferguson had always organizes all the game-play tactics with different variations.
3. Ferguson was well educated about everything involved football.
4. Ferguson was very perceptive and skilled, He would spend hours revising tactics and methods used in civil war books, business books etc.
Decisional management role
1. Mr. Ferguson makes decisions for the best of the club certain game plays and decides who will play and who will not.
2. Ferguson Cut players from the team, players that do not perform well or meet expectations.
3. Ferguson involves the club decisions making such as Transfer Deals, financial budgets, and also considered who to fine for breaking the rules.
4. Ferguson's decision to step down as Manchester United boss.
1-he win Manager of the Year most times in British football history
2-In 2008, he win the European Cup on more than one occasion.
3-He was knighted in the 1999 Queen's Birthday Honours list
4-he had won 13 league titles
Ferguson's management Skills
1. Technical Skills
2. Human Skills
3. Conceptual skills
1. Mr. Ferguson has displayed a large amount of knowledge and proficiency in his field of work.
2. He knows every inch about his field of work as good as anyone else and even better.
3. Mr. Ferguson has always been the type of person that concentrates on what he has and works to improve it through knowledge and proficiency.
1. Mr. Ferguson Holds individual conversation with players to provide advice, comments, and motivation continuously.
2. He punishes his players privately and makes harsh decisions when they do something wrong.
3. He tries to understand, communicate and work with others. It helps him lead, motivate and develop team spirit.
1. Mr. Ferguson has been well known in taking good and rational decisions every time.
2. Most of the decisions that he makes are according to the benefit of the club. He never backs down and admits if there was any mistake in the decisions that he makes.
3. He sees all of the team as a whole, it helps him solve their problems, fix goals for the whole organization and to plan for every situation.
Alex Ferguson’s Ethical Nature
1. His time at the club has led to Ferguson being regarded as one of the most successful, admired and respected managers in the history of the game.
2. He was always compassionate towards his players and friends.
3. Although Ferguson was kind-hearted he always displayed a stern side of him when needed to keep people in check.
Mr. Ferguson has won many awards and holds many records
The End of an Era
• On May 8, 2013 Sir Alex Ferguson had finally announced his retirement as a manager of Manchester United.
• It was called the “The End of an Era” because one of the most influential icons within sports had finally retired.
"If I was to give any advice to young managers, it would be not just to learn by your mistakes but also heed the reasons why you made them".
Final Advice by Sir Alex
Hope you enjoyed our presentation
done by : Ameirah Al Samahi
Afnan Subhi Khaled
Maitha Al Derei