Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Venus
From Sun: 107 000 000 km
From Sun: 0.7 AU
An orbit is "once around" to the exact same place again.
Venus does not turn nearly as fast as the Earth, so one day on Venus is actually 243 Earth days.
How long (in earth days) would a school day on Venus be?
Sometimes called the "morning star."
It is easy to see Venus with your eyes without a telescope so it has been seen for all of recorded history as a "wandering star."
Venus has nearly the same Gravity as Earth. you would weight 90% as much on Venus (like going on a diet)
Maximum Temperature: 449 °C
Minimum Temperature: 449 °C
Venus' circumference is 38 017 km around!
Venus is a bit smaller than the Earth. It is only 80% as big as the Earth, or
: Aphrodite Greek Goddess of beauty and love.
Orbit (Earth Days): 225
Mostly Nitrogen and Methane with some Carbon Dioxide
Craters, and Volcanos
Compare the size (not the distance)
How old would you be if you
were a Venusian?
More Than 30 have been sent.
Why is it hard to see Venus
during some parts of the year?