Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of UN HRM
193 member states
44.000 Employees Role in the Global Economy Mission Organisational Structure UN Overview Angela Santos
Silja Ingólfsdóttir Employment, Compensation and Benefits Career Management and Good Governance Career Management
Training & Development
Retention HRM Challenges Staffing missions in "undesirable locations"
Equitable geographical distribution
Updated technology & policies
Consistent work ethics Recruitment
Benefits HRML - 2013 HR Best Practice? Career paths visible
Too bureaucratic for TM
Not much room for critical thinking and creativity
Local vs. Expatriation Compensation differences Annual budget
$ 4,2 billion The UN has four purposes
• to maintain international peace and security;
• to develop friendly relations among nations;
• to cooperate in solving international problems and in promoting respect for human rights;
• and to be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations. Environmental Influences on HRM HRM in the UN HRML 2013 UN´s HR Framework
Recruitment-standards of efficiency, competence and integrity
Geographical basis & equal participation
Mobility Career Paths 5 Categories for staff
Of which two are for Expatriates only
3 Main levels of possible advancement within them
2 sub-levels for each main level
Example: Professional and higher categories have levels P-2 to P-7 and D-1 and D-2, the latter only for top professionals.