Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of ET RISK
1. Policy makers target limiting global warming to 2° C relative to pre-industrial levels
2. The 2° C climate objective translates into changes in policy, market, and additional non-conventional risk factors
3. These changes may lead to stranded assets.
4. Stranded assets are likely to impact the cash flow of companies. ET risk metrics will investors influence corporate investment decisions to respond to ET risk. This allows for a reduction in risk exposure.
5. A negative impact may create financial risk for financial assets.
6. This financial risk is filtered through to investors.
7. Financial institutions can then hedge ET risk through investor in sustainable energy companies
Background & Objectives
Project formally supported by the French Prime Minister's Office, the German Environment Ministry, 16 financial institutions (Axa, BNPP, Caisse de Depots, KLP, AP4 ERAFP, FRR, AP2, APG-AM, Boston Common Asset Management, Allianz, Calvert, Ohman, AFD), invest platforms representing over 300 other fnancalistitutions, and major NGOs and think tanks (UNEP, WWF, etc.)
French ET law, Bank of England, German Ministry support letter, G20 / FSB initiative, UNEP Inquiry
Decarbonization pledges, investment bank initiatives, public statements, shareholder resolutions
1. Help investors & policy makers
the materiality of ET risk and & opportunity
2. Help investors
the materiality of ET risk and opportunity for equity and bond portfolios
with investors & policy makers on responding to ET risk and opportunity
The project creates an ET risk assessment framework that responds to the objectives defined above. The framework involves the development of the ET risk concept, databases, and ET models for measuring net margins, and the impact on equity valuation and credit risk. The outputs can be adopted directly by market actors or used as toolkit for a do-it-yourself appoach
Horizon 2020 [EE-19]
Designing an Energy Transition Risk and Opportunity Assessment Framework