Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Venus Prezi
The surface of Venus is very mountainous with much volcanic activity and with many craters. Venus has a diameter of 12 103km and a mass of 4.867E24 kg. Its surface temperature is an average of 460 degrees Celsius.
Distance from the Sun
Venus is 108,200,000 km away from the Sun.
1. Venus is the hottest planet in the Solar System.
2. It was named after the Roman God of love and beauty.
3. It was recorded by the Babylonians in approximately 3000 BCE.
4. Venus spins from east to west which is opposite to other planets. It is though that a comet or asteroid collision reversed its rotation.
5. Venus is known as the Morning and Evening Star because it is so bright.
Thank you for watching and we hope you learnt all about Venus.
By Deanna, Alinta, Monique and Alyssa
Venus - The Planet
Venus has a 80km thick layer of carbon dioxide. (CO2) The planet also has a layer of water (H2O) vapour. The clouds on Venus also contain sulfuric acid (H2SO4). The atmospheric pressure is 90 times that on Earth.
Venus has a gravity level of 8.87 m/s2. That means that there is about 90% of the gravity than on Earth. A person who weighs 100 kg on Earth would then weigh 90 kg on the Surface of Venus.
For Venus to rotate entirely on its axis it takes 243 Earth days but for it to orbit around the Sun it takes 225 Earth days. Which means that its day is longer than its year. Venus has no moons that orbit it.
Orbit and Rotation of Venus