Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Forensic Anthropology
Anthropology Nature of Work:
Determine cause and approximate time of death, provide expert witness testimony, and identify remains. Work environment:
special government agencies,
field work inclusing
excavation sites, and foreign countries. types of aptitudes and skills needed to be successful:
Must be able to communicate,
critical in way of thinking,
ethical. Education and Training Requirements
Although Most Forensic Anthropologist have a Ph.D.
You will need a bachelor’s degree in anatomy, biology, chemistry, physiology or anthropology as well as a graduate degree in human biology or anthropology. Salary and Benefits
This is widely varied.
For example a full time professor would make 90,000-100,000 a year
This is varied as well
There isn't really a demand for it. Opportunities For Advancement
They advance through the ranks of instructors.
In the medical field or coroner's office, adv.ment is limited; most likely getting the position of lead.
Benefits and Drawbacks of working in this career
Benefits: Travel, Respect
Drawbacks: Time-consuming, Personal withdrawal, and limited work Other skills and interests that would be useful in this career
Be able to testify in court as an expert witness and fully explain your findings
• whether skeletal bones are human or animal
• the original position of the body at the time of death
• any environmental forces that altered the human remains after death
• the types of tools that were used to kill victims or dismember them
Other related jobs in this field